This project host tools/utilities targeted to WinRT development
WinRT is the new
Windows Runtime (Windows 8 or above required) that expose Operating System functionality in an object oriented fashion.
- WinRTDebug is a console application (see also
command line examples)
- List all the packages installed on the Windows 8 machine
- Enable/Disable debugging the package activation
- Suspend/Resume a package loaded in memory
- Terminate all the processes that host the specified package
- Change the SessionId for package-debugging purposes
- New in 1.1: verbose error messages
- New in 1.1: support aliases for package names ($index instead of full package name)
Please note that
Visual Studio 11 Ultimate is required to re-compile the sample(s) as it installs also the latest Windows SDK (include files, libraries, …).
Visual Studio 11 can be installed over the Visual Studio Express edition that is pre-installed in the Windows 8 developer Preview with tools.
Feedbacks and suggestions in the Discussion pages are always welcome.
Project created and mantained by Raffaele Rialdi
English website: http://www.iamraf.net
Italian blog website: http://blogs.ugidotnet.org/raffaele
Member of the board of UGIdotNET user group
Founder of DotNetLiguria user group
Proud member of the
MVP Community since 2003